Saturday, September 5, 2009

Are Firearms a Survival tool?

This is a question that you must answer yourself, I can not do it for you. I can answer this question for myself.........yes they are.

Why are they a survival tool? This is a very deep subject and it is not the intent of this blog, but I will touch on it here and at times through out the blog, but it will not be a main topic in this blog.

Firearms can be used for many things it will be up to you to decided what you want to do with them. Myself I keep quite a few firearms in my house for different reasons. I have firearms that I can hunt with, defend myself and my family with and to defend my home. This will be a personel choice on your part.

Here is what I recommened:
1-2 Handguns (9mm or bigger)
1-2 Shotguns (12 ga or bigger)
1x Hunting Rifle (270 or 308)

If you do decide to add firearms to your Prep list please add some type of firearms training to your list for you and your family. The NRA can be very helpful in this area.

Next blog will cover the basics of Prepping.

No comments:

Post a Comment